Monday, February 28, 2005

A Tale of Two Clocks

OK, so I have two alarm clocks. One is a digital clock more than 20 years old and works like a top. I have it set at the correct time. The other is a clock with hands, no feet, cheap from China, cost a buck at Dollarama and works like topsy-turvy. That clock I have set ten minutes ahead. Both the alarms are always set for 6am, except when I don't want them to go off at 6am, in which case I set them for whatever time I want them to go off. But the Chinese alarm is unpredictable. To make it ring at 6am I have to set the little alarm hand (no foot) for just before 6. And then it goes off whenever it feels like, any time between 5:45 and 6:05. There's no marker for the half-hour. If I set it for 6:30, I could be setting it for 6:40 for all I know. Sometimes the cheap Chinese goes off after the ancient digital, which really upsets my sense of snooze. And Penny don't like it neither, 'cause she still thinks I only have one alarm clock. But I couldn't survive on just one. Anyway, now I'm just starting to ramble.....

Sorry I'm late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Additionally, most cuckoo clocks are decorated with heavy carvings or wooden figurines, so you should take great care in cleaning the more decorative clocks due to the fragility of these items. Finally, clocks that have painted details or decorations should be carefully cleaned, since some cleansing agents can remove or damage the wood's finish or the paint itself. Find out more about giant wall clock

Help! I've written and I can't get up!